|Letter W Crafts||Directions:|
1)Cut brown or black construction paper into (6) Long pieces to create the window frame. Cut 3 pieces the entire length of the paper, and cut the 3 pieces approx. 2" shorter to be the cross section.
2)Let the children watercolor a beautiful scene that the y would like to see of their window, or use this in a unit on weather and the children can create a window scene of the weather outside that day. A soft and beautiful snow scene, a bright sun shinny day or a blustery fall day.
3)After the watercolor scenes have dried glue the shorter pieces of construction paper across the top, middle and bottom of the painting, and glue the longer pieces vertically down the edges and middle of the painting.
1 Brown Construction Paper
1 Watercolor Paper
1) Blow up a long squiggly balloon.
2) using a permanent marker let the children draw on funny eyes and color in the nose.
These type of balloons are so much fun! We have made snakes and dogs and really the children's imagination is the only limitation. We bought our at our local dollar store, but you can purchase here:
Long Squiggly Balloon
|Watermelon Paper Craft
1) Fold a paper plate in half and staple and either cut or rip a bite out of the folded side.
2) With cut up small square sponges and hot pink craft paint let the children dab
the inside pink part of the watermelon.
3) With another small square cut up sponge and some lime green craft paint let the children dab the rippled part of the paper plate to create the watermelon rind.
4) While that watermelon paper plate is drying cut out some small watermelon seed
shapes out of black construction paper and glue on, or you can simply paint the seeds on.
5) On a separate piece of white construction paper let the children create ants by dipping their thumbs into black craft paint. This would be best done in a centers setting in order to control exactly where the paint goes 😉
6) When ants are dry add antennas with a thin black marker and cut out, glue onto watermelon plate.
Pink, Green & Black
Small Cut Up Square sponges
Thin Black Marker
|Web Spider Craft
1) Print out web and spider craft page and cut out.
2) Cut the little slots at each edge of web printable.
3) Tie a knot at the end of black yarn and criss cross across the web shape.
Go from top to bottom, then loop going around the web until all the slots are
webbed. Cut yarn and tie a knot in back to hold.
4) Starting near the middle loop black yarn around going over and under each
length of yarn. Do twice.
5) Color the spider piece and glue onto the web.
6) Punch a hole at the top of web. Using a piece of yarn or black pipe cleaner add a hanger at top of web.
|Windmill Paper Cup
1) Trace paper cup onto construction paper and cut out.
2) Draw door, windows and windmill blades onto paper and decorate.
3) Glue door and windows onto the windmill cup.
4) Put paper fastener through the middle of the windmill blades and punch through
cup and fasten.
Large Paper Cup
|Swimming Whale Craft
1) Color Waves and whale, cut out.
2)Fold waves along line.
3) make a small slit in the middle of the fold.
4)Glue tongue depressor to whale.
5) Slide tongue depressor through slit in waves.
6) Glue each side of the waves and press closed.
Let your whale have fun splashing around in the waves!